RESIDENTS in Deepwater, Ashford, Boggabilla, Mungindi and Yetman will have easier access to NSW Government services and business transactions when Service NSW's Mobile Service Centre visits the rural communities from this week.
Member for Northern Tablelands Adam Marshall said the custom-fitted Service NSW bus would be making its way across the region, starting with a trip to Deepwater and Ashford, before heading further afield to Boggabilla, Mungindi and Yetman in the following weeks.
"It's not possible for every single community across country NSW to have access to a physical Service NSW Centre, where people can walk in and undertake their Driver Knowledge Tests, pay bills, or renew a licence," Mr Marshall said.
"I'm incredibly supportive of these buses coming to our region and bringing these important services and opportunities to our smaller communities, saving locals time and money.
"I urge local residents to take advantage of these visits and talk to the helpful staff."
Since 2013, Service NSW has become a one-stop-shop for vital services such as getting a birth certificate, a Seniors Card, driver licence and vehicle registration.
"Service NSW is also a gateway to household savings and can help people access important cost of living programs, such as Energy Switch, $100 Active Kids and Creative vouchers and cheaper Green Slips," Mr Marshall said.
"During the COVID-19 pandemic, Service NSW has also become the one-stop-shop for information on state and Commonwealth Government assistance as well and current restrictions in NSW."
The Mobile Service Centre will be cashless, with payment options including cheque, EFTPOS or credit card.
As the drought continues to impact NSW, Cost of Living specialists on board the Mobile Service Centres can help with drought-specific rebates and support, during a Cost of Living appointment.
Armidale, Inverell, Glen Innes and Moree each have a Service NSW Centre.
The Mobile Service NSW Centre will be visiting:
- Deepwater's Anzac Park from 9am to 3pm on Wednesday, September 23
- 39 Albury Street, Ashford from 10am to 3pm on Thursday, September 24
- Boggabilla's Town and Country Club from 10am to 3pm on Tuesday, September 29
- The northern side of Mungindi's main street from 10am to 3pm on Wednesday, September 30
- Yetman's Recreation Hall from 10am to 3pm on Tuesday, October 6
The Mobile Service NSW Centre offers services including:
- Driver licence, photo card applications and renewals;
- Driver Knowledge Tests;
- Working With Children Check applications;
- Applying for birth, death and marriage certificates; and
- Cost of Living service to access more than 70 government rebates and savings
There is no need for people to make an appointment - Service NSW staff will help people on the day.