With COVID-19 fragments showing up in Inverell sewage for the first time this year, the push for people to get tested has again ramped up.
The positive detection at Inverell Waste Water Treatment Plant this week was the first fragment detection the Shire has had.
"For anyone with even the mildest symptoms, please get tested. The COVID drive-thru testing station is open on Rifle Range Road. Please see directions below.
The 'get vaxxed' campaign by council has seen flashing road signs places at major thoroughfares, in an effort to encourage more people to come forward for the dose.
It comes as Glen Innes and Gunnedah both record a positive COVID case, and Uralla's sewage also tests positive for COVID-19 fragments.
While no announcement on the reinstatement of lockdown for those LGAs has been made, more information is expected to come.
Where to get tested
The COVID drive-thru testing station remains open on Rifle Range Road.
This Laverty Pathology Drive-through COVID-19 testing centre doesn't need a booking or referral, and provides testing to everyone.
It's open from Monday to Friday, 8am until 2.30pm.
Website information is currently showing the that Inverell Hospital Drive Through testing clinic is also open, however appointments are required.
Access the clinic via old Community Health Centre on 41 Swanbrook Road at the blue gazebo.
It's open from 8am until 2.30pm weekdays, and from 10.30am until 12.30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Where to get vaccinated
Inverell Shire Council has collated a list of places for those looking to get vaccinated in Inverell.
After getting over 400 jabs in arms in their last visit, there will be another drop-in COVID clinic run by UNE at the Inverell Showground from 9.30am to 3pm on September 24.
Attendees are asked to bring hat, pen, drink and a chair.
Other places in town now have AstraZeneca and/or Pfizer, while others will also stock the new Moderna vaccination once it comes to the regions.
- Ditton's Pharmacy now have AstraZeneca and will soon be providing Moderna. Call 6722 2639.
- Hadana Surgery are taking bookings on 6721 0634.
- Inverell Medical Centre have Pfizer available for existing patients; AstraZeneca available for anyone with a Medicare card. Bookings on 6722 2855.
- Inverell Pharmacy now have AstraZeneca and will soon be providing Moderna. Call 6722 3146.
- Ross Street Surgery have AstraZeneca and Pfizer. Call 6721 2763.
- St Elmo Medical Practice ask residents to book online at www.semp.com.au.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: