Colourful costumes and big grins filled Inverell Memorial Swimming pool from Thursday as each primary school took their turn making a splash for their annual swimming carnivals.
Inverell Public students impressed staff with their commitment to team spirit and sportsmanship throughout the day.
"All students participated to the best of their ability and their behaviour throughout the day was second-to-none," the school newsletter reported.
Sweaney took out the house points competition, and the student vs. teacher vs. parent relay proved competitive. With a narrow win, the teachers were proud to walk away with the coveted rubber chicken prize.
Inverell Public Schools 2019 champions and runner-ups include:
- Junior Girl champion - Ella Moxey, runner up - Alice Gleeson
- Junior Boy champion - Henry Ballinger, runner up - Gus Fuller
- Senior Girl champion - Maddie Pye, runner up - Edie Morton
- Senior Boy champion - Charlie Wall, runner up - Paddy Grills
There were plenty of cheeky grins as Holy Trinity students took to the water on Thursday evening. Many families and friends came along to support the students
Jock Hollis broke a 1997 record in the the 50m breaststroke with a time of 40.69. Sophie Mijic also impressed, breaking three separate records in the 15’s girls including the 100m freestyle record (with a time of 1:06.05), the 50m freestyle record (with a time of 29.77) and 50m backstroke record (with a time of 37.66).
The Holy Trinity primary champions and runners-up were:
- 8/9 yrs Florence Black & James Wilmans, Tayla Brabant & Koby Butcher
- 10 yrs Casey Brabant & Fergus Roger, Laura Cameron, Kendall Baker & Jack Jellicoe
- 11 yrs Eliza McNamara & Tom Taylor, Abby Everingham & Oliver Spicer
- 12Yrs Emma Brabant & Rocky Roger, Madeline Simmons & Cas Marshall
The secondary age champions and runners-up were
- 12yrs boys: Hayden Huynh
- 12yrs girls: Madeline Standerwick, Hannah Law
- 13 yrs boys: Isaac Hutchings, Kane Salvador
- 13 yrs girls: Prue Black, Charlotte Young
- 14 yrs boys: Jock Hollis, Sam Hilton
- 14 yrs girls: Chelsea Kerr, Lil Rainger
- 15yrs boys: Thomas Young, Clay Adams
- 15 yrs girls: Sophie Mijic, Hannah Ditchfield
- 16 yrs boys: Oscar Rainger, Ben Myler
- 16 yrs girls: Emma McInnes, Kaitlyn Hutchings
Ross Hill Public's stand out was Millie Kinnear, who broke four different records on the day, including the junior 200m, 10yr 50m freestyle, junior girl butterfly and backstroke.
The Ross Hill winners were:
- Junior Girl champion - Millie Kinnear, runner up - Sophie Irwin
- Junior Boy champion - Harry Birch, runner up - Nicholas Alliston
- 11yr Girl champion - Isabel Irwin, runner up - Paige Birch
- 11yr Boy champion - Ben O'Brien, runner up - Cayles Muggleton
- Senior Girl champion - Heidi Scott, runner up - Addison Murphy
- Senior Boy champion - Noah Romer, runnner up - Conor Wilkins